Destructured hours: MCT - Manufacture Contemporaine du Temps
More commonly known as MCT among aficionados, this is one of the many burgeoning young brands.
After being founded by Denis Giguet, the brand was later acquired by Cage Holding. It was precisely the latter that developed MCT’s first movement: the MCT-S1 and later the self-winding MCT-S2 for the Sequential Two. Cage Holding took MCT – whose CEO is François Candolfi – to new heights in only one year. Indeed, it went from being a niche brand with only a few employees to being a bigger brand that currently hires forty employees.
The brand is determined to become independent in its production and is hence working on its industrialization. The Sequential Two is the first product of this new policy that is looking to develop significantly in a short space of time. Let’s admit it: these eye-catching watches offer the most remarkable mechanical and digital displays on the market. With its sequential mechanism and its unique functioning that offers off-centered time display in the background of the dial, this approach will in all likelihood not have any competition soon.
Sequential Two: technical and aesthetic data
- In-house self-winding mechanical MCT-S2 movement with an 18-carat micro-rotor.
- Balance frequency: 2.5 Hz (18,000 a/h).
- 40-hour power reserve.
- Number of components: 507 and 85 rubies.
- Case: 44.6 x 14.5 mm, 43 components. Available in 18-K red gold or 18-K white gold.
- Water resistant to 30 metres/3 ATM/100 feet.
- Alligator strap with a double titanium deployment clasp and 18-K gold cover.
This article is an extract of our page dedicated to New Horology