Tiffany has had close ties with the Swiss watchmaking industry, and Geneva in particular, for over 150 years. In 1853, company founder Charles Lewis Tiffany installed one of New York’s first public clocks above his store, initiating a phenomenon that has come to be known as the “New York Minute”. Just one year later, Tiffany partnered with none other than Patek Philippe to set up a watchmaking workshop in Geneva. In 1874 the company opened a huge factory at Place Cornavin in Geneva.
Throughout its history, Tiffany has never stopped producing timepieces, introducing the first stopwatch to America, registering numerous patents, wowing the public at world exhibitions and embracing epoch-making movements such as that of the Art Deco. More recently the brand’s “Streamerica” model was dedicated to the American industrial design movement of the 1930s.